Types Of Online Casino Bonuses That Exist In 2022
The online gaming industry is still relatively new, and competition is fierce. Casinos are always looking for new ways to stand out in the crowd and attract new patrons. At the same time, they must appease experienced gamblers, many of whom learned to play in land-based casinos and expect certain mechanics to remain the same. For these reasons, the specifics of casino bonuses can vary greatly, but their core structure will usually place them in one of these categories:
- Deposit Bonuses – Deposit bonuses will reward you with either cash or free spins, but they require you to make a deposit in order to unlock the prizes.
- No-Deposit Bonuses – No deposit bonuses are the most desired bonuses, as they don’t require any deposit from the player. They’re a great way to try out online gaming without risking any of your own money, but they also usually have the most complex and restrictive fine print.
- Cashback Bonuses – Cashback bonuses don’t offer you anything upfront, but reward you based on your play. Also called win-back or second chance bonuses, they’ll guarantee to return a portion of your losses in the event that you have some bad luck.
- Free Spins Bonuses – Free spins bonuses are specifically for slot players and are in the form of spins instead of money. They sometimes (but not always) require a deposit from the player and may also have restrictions on withdrawing any winnings.
- Welcome Bonuses – Welcome bonuses may consist of one or various deposit or no deposit bonuses. These are the rewards that players get as soon as they register in an online casino.
- Loyalty/VIP Bonuses – Loyalty bonuses and rewards are prizes awarded to those who have spent a significant amount of time in an online casino. They are earned through in-site spending and account level.
- Free Money Bonuses or Free Bet Bonuses – Free money bonuses can be obtained in various ways. They represent bonuses that allow you to earn free cash to spend in one or various areas of an online casino.
- Referral Bonus – these are rewarded to players who encourage others to use the site. They may receive a bonus when a friend signs up, or when they play a certain amount, and the other person usually receives a bonus as well. The friend usually needs to use a certain code or link when creating their account to give them credit for the referral.
- Game-Specific Bonuses – Some bonuses, be it free spins or free money bonuses, are meant to be spent on one specific game. These rewards are very popular in modern online casinos.
- Device Bonuses – Some rare bonuses can only be obtained if you claim them through certain devices. For example, mobile casino bonuses are only meant to be claimed if you access the site through its mobile version
- High-Roller Bonuses – High roller bonuses are rewards given to players who are willing to spend a lot of money and play with a significant amount of cash in an online casino. They are usually found in the shape of welcome bonuses, but they can also come as part of loyalty rewards.
- Daily/Monthly/Weekly Bonuses – All of the bonuses that we have mentioned so far can also be obtained on a daily, monthly, or weekly basis depending on the policies of each casino.
Defining The Features Of The Best Casino Bonuses
There are three factors that will help you determine whether you should claim an online casino bonus or not. In fact, if you take these factors into account, you will be able to easily tell great offers from bad ones, as well as mediocre offers from good ones. It’s a special formula that we’ll be telling you the secret about.
Fair Bonus Terms and Conditions
If an offer has fair bonus terms and conditions, it’s a good offer to claim – even if the rewards that it offers aren’t as big as other offers in online casinos.
In fact, the bonus terms and conditions of an offer are the defining factors that determine just how good an offer really is. Take the wagering requirements for example. If an offer has wagering requirements of 35 times the amount of bonus money or less, then you’ll be doing yourself a favor by claiming the bonus and spending as much time as possible looking for other bonuses like that one.
Bonus terms and conditions also take into account other factors that make the offer fair, though. These include the games in which you can spend the bonus, the maximum bets, and the stake weights of each bonus.
Another important aspect of the best bonuses is for them to have quality timeframes that allow players to spend their money in any way that they want, and take as much time as they like while doing so. A flexible timeframe is reflected in quality game time for the player, which is why it’s such an important feature that every online casino should have.
The world’s best casino bonuses are sure to provide you with the best rewards in the industry. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be receiving thousands of euros in free cash with your first deposit, but it does mean that you should be able to walk away with a decent amount of cash after fulfilling the terms and conditions of the offer.
It’s always better to claim a €100 bonus with a wagering requirement of just 25 times than a €5,000 bonus with an x90 wagering requirement.
All Casinos Give Away Bonuses & Here’s Why
There’s one reason why online casinos offer bonuses: they want you to get hooked to their sites. It’s as simple as that.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t walk away with a good profit from these offers. In fact, in many cases, it is the player who ends up the winner when claiming a bonus – especially when it comes to the welcome bonuses that casinos give away to those that are looking to make a deposit upon registering on any site.
That means that, even though the casino often wins in achieving its purpose to get the player to make a deposit, you can win cash with your own money on top of having the casino “pay you” by earning extra cash with the bonus money or free spins that you’ll be claiming. A win/win scenario however you look at it.
Explaining All About Casino Bonuses With Bonus Codes
Casino bonuses can often be given away with bonus codes, which means that you will need to enter a small string of text in order to activate your bonus offer. You can find these bonuses codes in three different ways:
- By looking for them in websites like, ehm.. The Casino Wizard
- By obtaining them on the online casino that you’re going to play on
- By receiving bonus codes on your email as part of promotions and bonuses
Where to Input Bonus Codes
The bonus codes that you will receive need to be inputted somewhere in the online casino. In most cases, you will find the bonus code bar in the cashier – even if you’re planning on claiming a no deposit bonus with the code that you’ve received.
Casino Bonuses That Are Easy To Claim
All of the bonuses that you’ll find here are some of the easiest to claim this year. You will be able to claim some without even having to activate them, as some are instantly given to you as soon as you register in some of these world-class online casinos.
Finding Out Whether Online Casino Bonuses Are Free
Casino bonuses are free – in some cases. However, you do need to know that these bonuses are ruled by certain wagering requirements and conditions that will define just how easy it is to withdraw money from the sites. Take a look at the general rules to understand how truly free bonuses are:
- Summary – These outline the amount and frequency that you can withdraw money afterward fulfilling an offer’s wagering requirements. They usually define whether a bonus is cashable or non-cashable.
- Cashable Bonuses – These are bonuses that you can withdraw as real money after you meet all the associated wagering requirements.
- Non-Cashable Bonuses – Also called ‘Sticky Bonuses’, these only count as money on the casino’s website. They can be wagered and used to win real money, but they cannot be withdrawn as such themselves. Any winnings they generate, and any money deposited as part of their match requirement, can still be withdrawn.
- Withdrawal Maximums – These are limits on the amount of money you can withdraw after using a bonus and are usually applied to no-deposit and/or cashable bonuses. For example, a casino may offer a $10 no-deposit bonus to new players and allow them to withdraw any winnings up to $100. That restriction means that any amount above $100 won while using bonus money will be forfeited.
Bonus Wagering Requirements In Casino Bonuses
Wagering Requirements are easy to understand. Basically, you need to wager the bonus amount that you receive a certain number of times before you can withdraw the winnings from a bonus. For examples, let’s look at these:
- A deposit bonus with a 100% match deposit up to €50 reward and a x40 wagering requirement mean that you would need to wager €50 a total of 40 times before you withdraw the bonus.
- The same bonus with a x25 bonus + deposit wagering requirement would mean that you would need to wager €50 x 50, as you’d need to add up both the deposit and the bonus amount that you receive.
Always be aware of how much you’re actually required to wager (read the fine print!) before claiming a bonus of any sort – even in the best online casinos. The world’s most renowned websites will not include the deposit amount in their wagering requirements, with some exceptions to the rule, of course.
Make Use Of Your New-found Knowledge And Win!
Now that you’re fully aware of how bonuses work (and why we love them), it’s time for you to choose a bonus to claim and start a journey that is sure to end up with you receiving some of the most incredible rewards on the internet. Choose the offer that you like the most, take stake weights into account, and earn the best prizes in the iGaming world now!
Frequently asked questions
Bonus codes are strings of text that you may need to enter in order to unlock certain casino bonuses. Not all bonuses require codes, but missing out on inputting a code to claim a bonus that needs it will result in you missing out on the rewards.
Bonus wagering requirements are attached to almost every single bonus. They represent the number of times that you need to wager a bonus in order to unlock the ability to withdraw its winnings. The number varies depending on the casino.
Casino bonuses are safe as long as you claim them on legit online casinos. Stick to playing in casinos with proper licensing and a good reputation and you will be safe to claim any bonus that these sites are offering.
Stake weight is the amount of money that your bet will contribute towards the fulfillment of bonus wagering requirements. Most online casinos give lower stake weights to bets placed on table games, and higher stake weights to bets place on online slots.
Yes. Most online casino bonuses that are meant to be spent on online slots can also be spent on video poker, albeit with lower stake weights.
They are given to you instantly. Most online casinos give you bonuses as soon as you create an account on each site or make a deposit. However, withdrawing the bonus money to your account will take the same amount of time that it takes for you to fulfill its wagering requirements and ask for a cash withdrawal.
Casino bonuses are rewards given by online casinos for various reasons, but mainly to attract new players to their respective sites and give older players the chance to play for free and earn real money in the process. Casino bonuses can be mostly seen in the form of free spins, free money (bonus credits), and free playtime.
Legit casino bonuses are worth it. You’ll be able to play casino games for free and potentially win real money without spending much of your own.
You will mostly claim bonuses by making deposits, entering bonus codes, and obtaining links via your casino profile or your email. Every bonus is claimed differently, though. All casinos offer bonuses of different sorts to keep the experience unique to its members.
It depends on the casino bonus that you want to claim. In most cases, free spin bonuses are meant to be spent on online slots (including the winnings made with the bonus spins), whilst free money or bonus credits are meant to be used in other areas of the casino. Every casino sets different rules regarding where you can spend bonuses on its premises.
Casinos give bonuses mainly to attract new players to their premises. They also work as a way to show newcomers the chance to try out the casino with free cash, as well as to give players the chance to win real money with bonus credits or spins. Welcome bonuses and no deposit bonuses attract new players, whilst other casino bonuses are meant to create an air of loyalty within the casino community and its members.
Most online casinos allow you to withdraw the money earned with a bonus. However, some online casinos will only allow you to withdraw the money earned with the bonus itself. As such, you may receive a bonus of €100 to spend for free on the site, but you will only be able to withdraw the winnings made with those €100.
In most cases, only no deposit bonuses tend to limit the amount of money that you can win with the offer. Deposit bonuses such as welcome bonuses, cashbacks, or reloads, tend to allow players to earn as much money as they want as long as they fulfill the terms and conditions of the respective offers.
You need to spend the bonus on the online casino that gives it away. Once you spend the bonus and fulfill the wagering requirements, the bonus cash or the profit made from the bonus will be yours.
Casino bonuses work by providing players with free money or free spins to spend for free in the online casino that gives it. They require you to fulfill certain terms and conditions before you withdraw the money, but the best casinos make it fair and easy for players to eventually withdraw the bonus cash (or the money earned with the bonus) to their bank account or personal account of choice.
Welcome bonuses tend to only be given away to new players, but casino bonuses, in general, can be claimed by all members of an online casino. There are specific bonuses for every type of player; you just need to find one that suits your needs.
In most cases, casino bonuses that promise the most money tend not to be the best of the bunch. Smaller bonuses come with more lenient wagering requirements, whilst larger bonuses tend to be almost impossible to withdraw.
You can find the best casino bonuses by visiting the top-rated online casinos in the world and claiming the rewards that they have to offer. Bonuses that come with fair wagering requirements and lenient rules are always going to be the ones to go after.
Yes, modern casino bonuses are meant to be claimed both on computers as well as on mobile devices. Some casino bonuses are exclusively meant to be claimed on mobile casinos whilst others can be claimed both on desktops and mobile phones.
- Types Of Online Casino Bonuses That Exist In 2022
- Defining The Features Of The Best Casino Bonuses
- All Casinos Give Away Bonuses & Here’s Why
- Explaining All About Casino Bonuses With Bonus Codes
- Casino Bonuses That Are Easy To Claim
- Finding Out Whether Online Casino Bonuses Are Free
- Bonus Wagering Requirements In Casino Bonuses
- Make Use Of Your New-found Knowledge And Win!