Mega Joker Slot: 2023 Review of a Legendary NetEnt Game
Mega Joker is a legendary NetEnt slot released in 2011, which still stands as one of the company’s most-played slots of all time. The game features a simple-looking layout of two 3x3 reel setups, where you’ll be playing in the lower setup until you win money, at which point you’ll move on to play at the upper reel setup where bonus rounds are played.
The gameplay is the same as it is in classic slot games. Paylines are quite basic, as you need to combine three symbols in any direction to achieve a win. More symbols translate into more coins, and the more coins you earn per spin, the more chances you’ll have to win when playing at the upper reel setup.
The game also features a progressive jackpot where 3% of each bet contributes towards the pot. You can win the progressive jackpot at any point in time, and it’s usually localized to the casino where you’re playing. That means that the game has a different progressive jackpot in every casino that you visit!
Mega Joker Slot Machine Features
Mega Joker is one of the few slots with a substantial cult following, which was amassed thanks to the game featuring one of the highest RTP rates in the industry. These are the features that make it what it is:
|Jackpot||10,000x / Up to €50,000 progressive|
|Special Features||Progressive Jackpot, Dual Sets of Reels|
Symbols and Payouts
The game's paytable is quite straightforward as it only features 5 pay lines (two diagonals and three horizontals) just like it used to be in the slots of yore. However, keep in mind that some of the symbols that we’re going to include in this paytable are only accessible in the upper set of reels.
Special Game Symbols
The only special symbols that this online slot has are the ones that feature the “Mega” symbol, which appears in the upper set of reels and triggers the biggest non-progressive wins.
Mega Joker Slot Machine RTP & Volatility – Detailed Technical Info
Mega Joker is one of the few jackpot slots with an extremely favorable RTP. The game features a 99.00% RTP, making it one of the highest-paying slots in the online gaming industry and one of NetEnt’s games with the biggest return rates.
There’s a small catch with the game’s RTP, though: it only comes into full effect when you play with max money bets. Otherwise, the game’s RTP could be as low as 85%. However, even at minimum value betting, you will have access to the game’s progressive jackpot.
As far as volatility goes, you can expect paying rounds not to come as often, but when they do, you’re likely to be rewarded with multiple times the amount of cash that you’ve placed at stake.
Mega Joker Slot Machine Gameplay Features
The Mega Joker setup may give you a feeling as if the game was difficult to understand, but it’s actually quite straightforward. The game comes with two different sets of reels: you’ll be playing in the lower set until you get a win, at which point you’ll move on to the upper set of reels.
Just keep in mind that you have to decide when to collect your wins by clicking the “Collect” button. If you don’t, you’ll spend your lower-reel wins in the upper-reels. Notice how the meter between the reel fills up when you win and decreases as you lose. The number that you see there represents the number of coins that will be added to your balance after you collect.
These are the main features of the Mega Joker slot machine:
- Progressive Jackpot Mechanics: The game comes with a local progressive jackpot that any max coin bet in the lower set of reels could qualify to earn. However, the jackpot drops randomly!
- Two Sets of Reels: Netting a win in the lower set of reels, where most of the gameplay takes place, will give you access to the upper set of reels where the real rewards are at. Balance your budget accordingly and await your winning combos to win as much money as possible;
- Variable RTP Based on Bet Value: Low-value bets could give you an RTP of just 85%, whilst max coin bets will guarantee an RTP of 99%
Tips to Play & Win Mega Joker
As you may have seen, it’s quite easy to play the Mega Joker slot machine. That’s one of the reasons why the slot is so popular: it can be enjoyed by gamblers of all backgrounds and experience levels.
Even so, we’re going to give you a few tips that may help you get a better idea of what to expect from the game and see how you can win as much money as possible:
- Place max value bets whenever possible. The game is made to offer the best return rate when betting max money, and it’s the only way that you can access its ultimate prize;
- If you’re a low roller, you don’t need to forget about the game’s progressive jackpot. It can be unlocked when wagering €1 per spin;
- Take advantage of the upper set of reels – that’s where the biggest multipliers are! Keep your eyes peeled for symbols with the “Mega” icon.
Where to Play Free Mega Joker Slot? – The Best & Safest Online Casinos
You can play the Mega Joker slot for free in any NetEnt casino that hosts the game. However, you should keep in mind that this is a high RTP slot, which means that many NetEnt casinos opt not to offer it because of its high return rate.
There’s nothing to worry about, though. We’re not wrapping up this Mega Joker review without telling you which are the best online casinos to play Mega Joker for free or with real money!
Mega Joker Slot – Which are the Best Bonuses?
The Mega Joker slot game is not one of those titles that casinos usually allow you to play with bonus cash. However, there’s a fantastic workaround for this: you can simply claim free money or free spin bonus in a NetEnt casino, fulfill the wagering requirement, and you’ll be able to spend the cash playing Mega Joker for free!
Let’s take a look at some of the best bonuses found in NetEnt casinos:
Mega Joker Slot Biggest Win – Single Spin Potential Payout
The base game pays up to 2,000 times the amount of money that you can stake. However, true jackpot hunters will want to turn their attention towards the game’s massive progressive jackpot, which starts at €2,000 and could grow to be as big as €50,000 (it usually drops at around €15k-30k, though).
To earn the game’s jackpot, players must place max coin bets. The minimum coin value is €0.1, so you can qualify to earn the jackpot when wagering at least €1 per spin. Non-max bets will not qualify you to earn the Mega Joker jackpot.
- The game’s progressive jackpot grows locally, meaning that each casino that hosts the game will show a different value for its jackpot
- Players must be playing in the lower set of reels to win the jackpot. The upper set of reels is for non-progressive wins only.
How Does Mega Joker Compare to Other Casino Slots?
Mega Joker is a classic slot that doesn’t seem to be losing its popularity anytime soon. Let’s take a look at some of the features that make it so, and how it compares to other popular online slots in the iGaming industry:
- This online slot is one of the few classic-themed slot games with two sets of reels. It combines classic slot gameplay with modern features, which have allowed it to remain relevant over a decade after its release;
- Mega Joker features a low maximum payout of 2,000 times the amount of your bet. Since the game’s max bet is €10, you’ll be able to win up to €20,000 as non-progressive prizes;
- The game’s RTP makes this one of the best online slots that you can play if you’re chasing high-paying slot games.
The Casino Wizard Verdict – Don’t Miss Out on This 99% RTP NetEnt Title!
Highly regarded as a world-class slot and featuring a local jackpot, Mega Joker is one of the best NetEnt games ever developed. The title is played in hundreds of casinos around the globe, as can be seen from the ever-growing jackpot that you’ll find in most of the casinos that host it.
Players capable of consistently wagering €20 or more in each slot spin will maximize the return rate of this title, making it one of the best slots that they can play in the modern iGaming world. Considering how much money this game potentially gives back to its players, it doesn’t seem likely that we’ll find such a good casino title anytime soon.
Register in the best NetEnt Casinos and get ready to play the Mega Joker slot. That progressive jackpot is there for the taking – what are you waiting for?