What are the abbreviations I see at online blackjack casinos?
For the sake of brevity, most of the table rules are abbreviated. Knowing what is allowed and not allowed will make the game easier for you. Some of the abbreviations used can seem like foreign languages until you get used to them. The most common ones are:
- BSE: Basic Strategy Edge meaning you can get better odds using your basic strategy
- DOA: Double Down on any of your initial cards
- D10/11: You can only double down on 10s and 11s
- DAS: Double down is only allowed when you split a pair.
- ESR: Early surrender allowed. You won’t find this often, but when you do you can surrender your initial hand when the dealer has a natural blackjack (21).
- H17: This means that when the dealer has 17 (as soft hit) he must hit.
- LSR: Late surrender. You can surrender your hand, only losing half of your bet when the dealer gets a non-natural blackjack (21).
- O/U: You can bet over and under thirteen
- RSA: You can re-split Aces
- S17: The dealer must stand on 17 (stick on 17).
Was this article helpful?
- Can I play the games of Betsafe Casino on mobile?
- Are there any restrictions on winnings earned from the welcome bonus /free spins at iGame Casino?
- Does iGame Casino support Finnish Language?
- What is the meaning of Bonus Abuse at iGame casino?
- What do I require in order to register an account with iGame Casino?
- Which countries are restricted at iGame Casino?
- Can I use Bitcoin to deposit at Genesis Casino?
- Can I use my account from a sister brand at Genesis Casino?
- I can't access some of the games offered at Genesis Casino. What could be the problem?
- Are games rigged at Genesis Casino?
- Are there withdrawal limits at Genesis Casino?
- How do I download the Genesis casino software?